Support Our Legislation
Updated: Jan 7
H.1003 An Act to Ensure Accountability and Public Rights Regarding Commercial Tree Harvesting on Commonwealth-owned Lands was filed by Rep. Lindsay Sabadosa and is sponsored by WSFA member Barthold Bouricius.
Here is what you can do to learn about and support H.1003:
1. Watch our updated video presentation.
2. Read the bill at: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H1003
3. Send this letter A.S.A.P., asking your state senator and representative to cosponsor the bill.
4. Read our talking points.
5. Submit written comments to the Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture (ENRA) at JointCommittee.Environment@malegislature.gov.
6. Testify at the virtual ENRA hearing. The process is quite easy; individuals are granted up to three minutes to speak. Pre-registration is required once the hearing has been scheduled, and just a week's notice is given. Please watch for another email from Wendell State Forest-Alliance or check ENRA's hearings webpage.
7. Share this message widely and talk about it with your friends and neighbors.
Thank you for your civic engagement!