Educational resources about forests, climate science and the biomass issue:
• The Bill Moomaw Et Al Proforestation paper:
Intact Forests in the United States: Proforestation Mitigates Climate Change and Serves the Greatest Good – William Moomaw, Susan Masino,
Edward Maison; Frontiers in Forests and Global Change, 11 June 2019.
This peer-reviewed article makes the case for proforestation as a
strategy to address climate chaos and biodiversity loss.
• WILD CARBON: A synthesis of recent findings
MARK G. ANDERSON, PhD
From Northern Wilderness Trust:
• Why Keeping Mature Forests Intact Is Key to the Climate Fight, from Yale 360:
An Interview with scientist William Moomaw, (Bill Moomaw is also a founder of the IPCC, and a lead author of 5 of the UN's IPCC Climate reports).
• Natural Forests Are Best at Storing Carbon
"Facing The Climate Emergency" by Margaret Klein Salamon
"Drawdown" edited by Paul Hawken
• Nine Forestry Myths You May Have Heard
• The Planet, Our Forests, and Championship Trees
presentation by Bill Moomaw, Bob Leverett
• Burned: Are Forests the New Coal:
-30 minute short version of the full movie:
• The Lost Forests of New England by Ray Asselin:
Call of the Forest documentary:
Elders Climate Action
Climate Action Now-Western Mass